Dredging & Marine Construction, Near Shore Marine & Offshore Projects, Offshore Wind, Construction and Oil & Gas
General Company info
For one of our customers, we are looking for several experienced Chief Engineers for their survey vessels. Due to the expansion of their fleet, we are looking for single Engineers who know how to get the job done!
In this position, you are working on either the GEO Focus or their new ship GEO Ranger that is currently being built. With a permanent crew of five colleagues you are responsible for ensuring that the work on the project runs smoothly. You are fully responsible for the daily operations in the engine room, and you are jointly responsible for the maintenance system. You are deployed worldwide, and no project is the same.
- Endorsement as Chief Engineer III/3 and certificates which meet the STCW standards according to the Safe Manning Certificate of the Vessel
- Administration skills
- To be able to work in a small team
- To be well-grounded in the English language: spoken and written
- Knowledge of the applicable law
- Ensure that the engine room is well maintained, clean and orderly
- Responsible for a safe working environment in the engine room
- Organising the work in consultation with the technical superintendent
- Checking all technical systems onboard according to the customer’s guidelines
- Keep the Master and Technical Superintendent informed about changes in the technical systems
- Consult with the Master for planning repairs
- Responsible for repairing all technical, electrical and electronic systems
- Administration of spares
- Responsible together with back up Engineer for ordering parts
- Completing and monitoring the Planned Maintenance System (MARAD)
- Maintenance of deck equipment
- Competitive salary
- Varied scope of work
- An independent job
- A sailing and leave schedule in a 4: 4 rotation
Do you want to apply for this challenging job as Chief Engineer? Then register directly via the “apply” button. For more information, you can contact Jeremy Stork on the telephone number +31 10 428 42 65.
We make it personal!
We are TOS. A family business. Loyal and authentic. Our business is a people business. We offer selection, secondment, payroll, and training of the very best people for our clients – in the maritime, onshore, offshore & wind energy sector. In our characteristic, personal and professional way. We confidently and enthusiastically build sustainable relationships with our employees: www.tos.nl